'Gary Jay & The FIRE' is an exciting country*grassroots four(4) piece band (or DUO / TRIO). They play a variety of genres including 'traditional country', bluegrass, folk, Irish, country/rock COVERS and/or 'story-telling ORIGINALS'. Dressed to kill with music to thrill, from Johnny Cash to Doc Watson to the Allman Brothers - some fun for everyone! The band has played a variety of venues around the DMV including Dominion Raceway, Merriweather, National Cherry Blossom Festival, breweries, wineries & more.
Gary invented a unique percussion device for his guitar. Gary brings 50 years of experience / songwriting with lead vocals, guitar, and percussion. Gary has opened for Whey Jennings (Waylon's grandson) & Craig Campbell at Dominion Raceway and David Allen Coe at local Full Moon Field Festival. Gary has two(2) albums with the latter album 'Back to the Farm' having 5 songs on approx 4000 radio channels 2021/2022.
Gary Jay is joined by 'The FIRE' which are some of the area's HOTTEST 'all star' musicians:
Lavinia Reid - Electric Gypsy Fiddle combining classical & country/grass skills. She's also the fiddle player for the Gypsy Ramblers.
Chris Thompson (aka Mr Lonesome) - 1956 Fender Triple Neck Steel Guitar + Lead guitar & plays in a variety of local rock / jazz bands.
Robert Friedensen - Upright and Electric BASS. Robert is everyone's BASS player in the local area playing for a variety of local bands.
VENUES / FESTIVALS:
Gary Jay has played a variety of festivals and venues including: The Groove at DOMINION RACEWAY, Baltimore Fest at Merriweather, National Cherry Blossom Festival, Acoustic on the Green(Leesburg), North Mountain Arts Festival, Taste of Leesburg, Roundhill Hometown Festival, Arlington County Fair, World Police Games, Jammin Java, Farm Brewery Gainesville VA, Bear Chase Brewery, Dirt Farm Brewery, Antietam Creek Vineyards, Deathridge Brewery, Baldtop Brewery, Prince Michael Winery, Vanish Brewery, Old Bust Head Brewery, Two Twisted Posts Vineyard, Spankys, Velocity5, Dogfish Ale House, Horseshoe Curve Restaurant, Brewbakers, Griffin Tavern, Worthog brewery, Molly's Irish Pub, Gypsy Sallys, National Conference Center, Cascades Overlook Center, Mark's Pub, Paddy's Irish Pub, American Legion Post 71, Purcellville American Legion, Eagles Club, Addy's Lounge, Blue Fox Billiards, Winners Circle Saloon, Barrel Oak Winery, Blue Valley Vineyards, Harpers Ferry Brewing, Harpers Ferry Event Barn, 50West Vineyards, The Wine Kitchen, & more.
- Mentioned in 'Readers Digest' national blog Memorial Day 2021 for things to do:
- From recent fundraiser gig comments from the organizers: "You are the best we ever had at this event." & "You sound like a FULL BAND" (speaking to our POWER-DUO). Sep 28th, 2019.
- I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being a part of our very first TASTE Leesburg!! The turnout surpassed our expectations. Thank you all for your top notch performance.-Events Coordinator Town of Leesburg Department of Parks & Recreation 2018
- Hey, Gary Jay! Thank you and Vince so much for your awesome show last weekend; sounds like you had the place rocking, and we so appreciate it! -Antietam Creek Vineyards Management / Staff. Email Mon, Jul 15 2019.
- Great day & FANTASTIC MUSIC! Glad to have you, see you soon. TTP Winery 2019.
- Speaking with a lady after our DIRT FARM show she says I know where you two should play, the seldom seen are playing there. It's in Alexandria 'The Birchmere'. I said I would love to open for someone like that.. She says, "No.. you need your own show there!" Wow, I think that is probably the best compliment I have ever heard. Quote from unknown/new fan. -Dirt Farm Nov 29th 2019