BIO / INFO:
Gary Jay has been performing over 45+ years & writes mostly about true life experiences in the style of Country/Grass/Folk. Gary Jay can perform SOLO, DUO, TRIO, or full band.
Gary Jay completed an album called Hillbilly Outlaw Blues in 2017 and is currently working on his second project "Back To The Farm".
Gary Jay performed at the PRE-PARTY show before the Craig Campbell show at the GROOVE Music Venue at Nascar's Dominion Raceway in Thornburg VA. Further, Gary performed prior to David Allen Coe at the Full Moon Field Festival.
Gary Jay has played a variety of festivals & venues including: National Cherry Blossom Festival, North Moutain Arts Festival, Taste of Leesburg, Roundhill Hometown Festival, Arlington County Fair, World Police Games, Jammin Java, Bear Chase Brewery, Old Bust Head Brewery, Two Twisted Posts Vineyard, Antietam Creek vineyards, Spankys, Velocity5, Dogfish Ale House, Horseshoe Curve Restaurant, Brewbakers, Griffin Tavern, Molly's Irish Pub, Gypsy Sallys, National Conference Center, Paddy's Irish Pub, American Legion Post 71, Purcellville American Legion, Eagles Club, Addy's Lounge, Horseshoe Curve Restaurant, Blue Fox Billiards, Winners Circle Saloon, The Wine Kitchen, & more.
Some of Gary Jay's influences are Marty Robbins, Radney Foster, Marty Stuart, Rodney Crowell, Jimmie Rodgers, Ernest Tubb, Hank Williams SR, Chuck Berry, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, CCR, The Country Gentlemen, Steep Canyon Rangers, Flatt & Scruggs, Doc Watson, Waylon Jennings, Jim Glaser, Tanya Tucker, & many more.
- From recent fundraiser gig comments from the organizers: "You are the best we ever had at this event." & "You sound like a FULL BAND" (speaking to our POWER-DUO). Sep 28th, 2019.
- I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being a part of our very first TASTE Leesburg!! The turnout surpassed our expectations. Thank you all for your top notch performance.-Events Coordinator Town of Leesburg Department of Parks & Recreation 2018
- Hey, Gary Jay! Thank you and Vince so much for your awesome show last weekend; sounds like you had the place rocking, and we so appreciate it! -Antietam Creek Vineyards Management / Staff. Email Mon, Jul 15 2019.
- Great day & FANTASTIC MUSIC! Glad to have you, see you soon. TTP Winery 2019.
- Speaking with a lady after our show she says I know where you two should play, the seldom seen are playing there. It's in Alexandria 'The Birchmere'. I said I would love to open for someone like that.. She says, "No.. you need your own show there!" Wow, I think that is probably the best compliment I have ever heard. Quote from unknown/new fan. -Dirt Farm Nov 29th 2019
Gary Jay and Howlin' Vince Fireball DUO (sounds like a band)
From Johnny Cash to Merle Haggard, Doc Watson, and the Allman Bros we come dressed to KILL with music to THRILL. Country Grassroots, Irish, Folk, Country Rock, Rockabilly COVERS and Americana ORIGINALS. Some fun for everyone! Gary invented a special percussion device allows him to play guitar, percussion and sing at same time + add Vince on harmonica/concertina/shaker/mouth-harp = sound of a band.